Applications are invited for the post of Senior Research Fellow (SRF) [01 post] at Tissue Culture Section of Agriculture Division, for Department of Atomic Energy (DAE)/ BRNS funded Project in Collaboration with BARC, Mumbai.
Project Name: Use of irradiated chitosan as Biostimulator for Sugarcane and Potato”
|Name of the Post:
||SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOW - SRF [01 post]
Tissue Culture Section (Agricultural Sciences and Technology Division)
|Compen- sation (per month)
The post is purely on Contract Basis for project period and Co-Terminus with the project.
Approximately Rs.1,20,000/- per annum
Work for standardization of biostimulator use in in vitro and in field for sugarcane and potato to study its effect on abiotic and biotic stress tolerance.
Work right from determining the effective dose, biochemical and molecular analysis of the samples in laboratory and field.
Candidate Profile & Qualification:
M.Sc./ M.Tech in Biotechnology/ Bio-chemistry/ Agriculture Biotechnology/ Botany from any reputed University.
Candidate should have hands on experience in biochemical analysis as well as well PCR..
Freshers are eligible to apply.
However, preference will be given to those having experience in plant tissue culture (micropropagation), biochemical and molecular analysis. Project work done in suitable area supported by thesis/ research publications.
Terms & Conditions:
- If suitable candidate is not available then SRF post will be filled with Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position with a fellowship of Rs.16,000 per month.
- Applicants are advised to send/ apply with soft copies only BY EMAIL ONLY with their latest CV to Dr. S.G.Dalvi, Principal Investigator, Biostimulator On or Before 05.08.2014.
- Do not send application by post.
- Only selected candidates will be called for interview.
- No TA/ DA will be given to the candidates appearing for interview by the Institute. Candidates will have to arrange on their own.
- Shared hostel accommodation will be made available.
- Candidates should bring original mark sheets/ certificates and experience documents along with certified copies at the time of interview.
- For location of VSI, see Location/ map.
Eligible candidates with excellent academic record and relevant experience may Apply for this post BY EMAIL On or Before 05th August 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director General, VSI