Plant Pathology section research projects -
Research Projects under All India Coordinated Research Projects - Sugarcane (AICRP-S)
- PP1(AICRP- PP17-B) : Evaluation of zonal varieties for resistance to smut.
(AICRP-PP 17- D) : Yellow leaf disease study.
(AICRP – PP 17-E) : Methodology for screening of varieties for brown rust
AICRP – PP17-F) : Screening of entries under AVT for pokkah boeng.
- PP2 (AICRP- PP22) : Survey of sugarcane diseases naturally occurring in the area on important sugarcane varieties in Maharashtra.
- PP3 (AICRP- PP31) : Screening, epidemiology, and management of pokkah boeng in sugarcane.
- PP 4 (AICRP-PP 17- D) : Yellow leaf disease study.
- PP 5 (AICRP) -PP 33 : Management of yellow leaf disease through meristem culture.
- PP 6 (AICRP-PP 34) : Efficient delivery of fungicides and other agro inputs to manage major fungal diseases in sugarcane.
- PP7: Screening of promising clones/ genotypes of sugarcane developed at VSI for resistance to smut disease conditions at the field level.
- PP8: Natural incidence of known and unknown diseases of sugarcane on promising genotypes tested under zonal trials at VSI.
- PP9: Natural incidence of known and unknown diseases of sugarcane on genotypes tested under different trials of the Plant Breeding section.
- PP10: Management of pokkah boeng disease by non-chemical means
- PP11: Management of brown spot disease of sugarcane.
- PP 12: Efficacy of irradiated chitosan (Nanoparticles) in combination with silver nano-particles and fungicide for the management of pokkah boeng disease in sugarcane