The Section is having following ongoing research projects:
Laboratory Scale Projects:
- Use of isotopic techniques (15 N isotope studies) for assessment of nitrogen fixation in sugarcane by consortium of endophytic bacteria.
- Biological remediation of saline sodic soil through application of halophilic & halotolerant microorganisms.
- Isolation, identification and screening of Exopolysaccharide producing microorganisms & its effect on sugarcane.
- Collection, Isolation, Characterization and identification of entomopathogenic fungi on sugarcane white fly, Aleurolobus barodensis Maskell. and development of consortia as bio-control agent for its control in sugarcane eco-system.
- Isolation, identification, characterization and development of special decomposing culture for decomposition of sugar ETP.
- Studies on compatibility of beneficial microorganisms with oligo-chitosan (Biostimulator) & its effect on sugarcane.
- Isolation, identification and screening of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria for enhancing cane and sugar yield of sugarcane crop.
- Effect of application of consortium of agricultural beneficial microorganisms as Soil health and endophytic Nitrogen fixing bacterial liquid bioinoculant (Plant health) on yield and quality of sugarcane in nutrient exhausted soil.
- Effect of application of microbial slurry containing natural agricultural beneficial microorganisms on yield and quality of sugarcane.
- Studies on use of Bio-toxins as bio-weedicides for control of Weeds (Pre- emergence and post emergence) in sugarcane.
- Effect of application of different Entomopathogenic fungi and Entomopathogenic nematode on sugarcane ratoon for control of white grub.
- Evaluation of bio-control agents like Entomopathogenic fungi (EPF) against white grub, Holotrichia serrata infesting Sugarcane (Naigaon Farm)
- Effect of application of Entomopathogenic Nematode on sugarcane crop for control of white grub pest. (Naigaon Farm).
- Revalidation of “Effect of foliar application of Consortium of Endophytic Nitrogen fixing bacterial liquid bioinoculant on Sugarcane”
- Biological remediation of saline sodic soils through integrated approach by application of inorganic & organic fertilizers.
- Evaluation of special decomposing culture for decomposition of sugar ETP.